At MGA, we make it a priority to give back to our community, and we had a blast celebrating Earth Day again this year by doing just that!
We spent the day offsite and outdoors, helping to maintain and beautify the Houston treasure that is Buffalo Bayou Park. Our efforts saved the Buffalo Bayou Partnership over 100 working hours.
Getting Dirty — the Old-Fashioned Way
Check out the video below for a recap of our day and to see our incredible team members hard at work.
MGA Cares about Our Community and Planet
For the second year in a row, we have dedicated our spring day of service to Houston’s Buffalo Bayou Park. Last year, we spent the day planting trees along the bayou as part of the Hurricane Harvey cleanup.
Our hard work this year went toward preparing the park for the upcoming Police Memorial Service by mulching the magnolia trees around the police memorial. It’s a rewarding experience to dedicate our time and resources to preserving this park and keeping it a beautiful and exciting place to visit.
While we enjoy giving back to our community by getting outside and getting our hands dirty, we also make it a priority to integrate other eco-friendly and sustainable practices into our daily business functions. MGA takes responsibility for its effect on the environment and is always looking for new ways to minimize our waste and reduce our carbon footprint.
Here are a few examples of our daily green practices:
- We have transitioned the majority of our operations over to the digital world and work toward a paperless environment.
- The paper that we do seldom use is recycled when we are finished with it.
- We utilize a green electricity provider.
- We have upgraded all of our interior lightings in the office to LED lights, which provides many environmental benefits.
- Our internal servers have been removed, and we now operate on a virtual cloud solution, which has significantly reduced our electricity consumption.
- Heck, we even have three Tesla owners (and a Prius!) at MGA.
How do you and your business use new technologies to lessen your impact on the environment? We’d love to hear from you in order to share new ideas and insights.
Work with a Firm Who Takes Action
If you’re interested in building a career with a firm who cares about their community and planet and takes action to show it, look no further. We are always looking for hard-working and dedicated professionals to join our growing team here at MGA.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please take a look at our open positions and apply for one today
We'd love to hear from you!